SMITHBITS RADIO MAGAZINE

Saturday, November 29, 2014

Elizabeth Lauten have you lost your Mind or is it a bad case of "I need some attention"



MEMPHIS TN (IFS) -- Elizabeth Lauten, you are such a "Big mouth", and we take it that your education that you received was very marginal.  I suggest that you ask for your money back, because you are an embarrassment to your colleagues and the people you work for.   I know that you will make a very bad mother to your pour children, God forbid if you have any. Your apology belongs in a scene from Saturday Night Live.  -KHS

=====================
Ms. Lauten's Apology - NOT Excepted.

Nine hours after her initial post, Lauten had a change of heart or, more likely, her boss called and flipped on her, or she was tired of getting cursed out on social media. In any case, she removed the initial post and apologized, also via Facebook:
I wanted to take a moment and apologize for a post I made on Facebook earlier today, judging Sasha and Malia Obama at the annual White House turkey pardoning ceremony.
… I reacted to an article and quickly judged the two young ladies in a way that I would never have wanted to be judged myself as a teenager. After many hours of prayer, talking to my parents and re-reading my words online, I can see more clearly how hurtful my words were. Please know that these judgmental feelings truly have no pace in my heart. Furthermore, I’d like to apologize to all of those who I have hurt and offended with my words, and pledge to learn and grow (and I assure you I have) from this experience.
It reeked of a bootleg Olivia Pope fix. The scandal was not  “handled.”
“People need to learn to take a moment and think before speaking/typing,” wrote Instagram commenter “pattijolie.” “Once your words and thoughts have been put out there, the damage is done. She should know better being in her position. Her post was callus and hateful… Apology NOT accepted.”
By 11 p.m. she had made her page private.
I wonder if she’ll have a job come Monday.
(Editor's note: An earlier version of this article said that Lauten had deleted the apology from her Facebook page.)


U.S. President Barack Obama speaks as his daughters Sasha and Malia look on before pardoning 'Cheese' and his alternate Mac both, 20-week old 48-pound Turkeys, during a ceremony at the White House November 26, 2014 in Washington, DC. The Presidential pardon of a turkey has been a long time Thanksgiving tradition that dates back to the Harry Truman administration.(Photo by Mark Wilson/Getty Images)© Mark Wilson via Getty Images U.S. President Barack Obama speaks as his daughters Sasha and Malia look on before pardoning 'Cheese' and his alternate Mac both, 20-week old 48-pound Turkeys, during a ceremony at the White House November 26…
A Republican staffer on Friday apologized for a Facebook post that criticized Malia and Sasha Obama's appearance at the annual White House turkey pardon ceremony, one of America's silliest holiday traditions.
Elizabeth Lauten, the communications director for Rep. Stephen Fincher (R-Tenn.), wrote that the two teenagers should "try showing a little class," "dress like you deserve respect, not a spot at a bar," and, most of all, "don't make faces" at Very Serious public events.
Read the full rant via Gawker:
Dear Sasha and Malia, I get you’re both in those awful teen years, but you’re a part of the First Family, try showing a little class. At least respect the part you play. Then again your mother and father don’t respect their positions very much, or the nation for that matter, so I’m guessing you’re coming up a little short in the ‘good role model’ department. Nevertheless, stretch yourself. Rise to the occasion. Act like being in the White House matters to you. Dress like you deserve respect, not a spot at a bar. And certainly don’t make faces during televised public events.
The First Daughters join President Obama at the ceremony every year, where they can hardly contain their disdain for the lame dad jokes that predictably follow. Before approaching Mac and Cheese, the two turkeys, the president remarked that it was "puzzling that I do this every year." Malia even declined her father's offer to pet one of the pardoned turkeys with a nonchalant, "Nah."
Lauten later apologized for rushing to judgement on Facebook.

"I reacted to an article and quickly judged the two young ladies in a way that I would never have wanted to be judged myself as a teenager," she said. "After many hours of prayer, talking to my parents and re-reading my words online, I can see more clearly how hurtful my words were. Please know that these judgmental feelings truly have no pace in my heart. Furthermore, I'd like to apologize to all of those who I have hurt and offended with my words, and pledge to learn and grow (and I assure you I have) from this experience."

No comments:

Post a Comment