SMITHBITS RADIO MAGAZINE

Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Joseph Dissmore


I was born in Cumberland Maryland in 1986, the son of a pastor who lead the church in Hyndman PA. When I was 2 years old, my father took the pastorate at the Assemblies of God church in Great Cacapon West Virginia where he still pastoring today. 

I was homeschooled and forced to take piano lessons from Mrs. Howard in Winchester virginia for around 8 years, which am very thankful to my parents for now.

 When I was 18 years old, I left home to go to school at free gospel bible institute in Export Pennsylvania, about 25 miles east of Pittsburgh. I spent 3 years there traveling and singing and playing with the choir and doing various ministries with churches around the country. 

I graduated there in 2007 and went to work in a church in McKees Rocks Pennsylvania, right on the outskirts of Pittsburgh.

I spent a little over two years there, and left to move back to Virginia around some friends to work and to join the Marine Corps from there. I finally got in the Marine Corps on Dec 13 2010 and boot camp was absolutely miserable, but I pushed through and graduated in March of 2011.

     I joined the infantry, and became a machine gunner in 2nd battalion 9th Marines (hell in a helmet) and left for Afghanistan in November of 2011. I ended up doing 2 more deployments with 2/9 (1 more to Afghanistan and 1 to Okinawa Japan). In May of 2015 I left 2/9 to change units and go to 1/3 in Hawaii where I still am today. 

   Before and since I've been in, I'm always playing music and writing new songs. I met a friend here who also plays and writes and we have been working on a lot of music and songwriting together.

Joseph Dissmore
I Miss The Magic
2016
Josephdissmore@gmail.com
Country
Kirk Franklin
Keith Urban
BMI (USA)
Unsigned
Geographic
Great Cacapon
USA
No
Band Description
Just a guy from West Virginia playing music and singing

No comments:

Post a Comment